I am an experienced Acquia certified developer with over 10 years experience in PHP and Drupal. I have an eclectic range of skills but currently my main focus is on PHP, Laravel, Docker, Kubernetes and Drupal.
I am a great team player but I also possess the ability to work well independently. I have been interested in IT and programming since childhood and it is something that I am truly passionate about.
Linux and OS X are my primary operating systems of choice.
Detailed examples of work are available on request.
- Highly skilled and experienced with modern PHP.
- Advanced knowledge of Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes.
- Expert level knowledge with Drupal (6, 7 and 8)
- Advanced knowledge of Laravel and Symfony.
- Experience with Puppet, Jenkins and Bitbucket Pipelines.
- Experience with TDD and Agile Methodologies.
- Highly skilled with the Linux CLI (Bash and ZSH)
- Advanced user of GIT
- Highly experienced with AWS and related cloud based technologies including Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Bootstrap (3&4), Bulma and Foundation 6.
- Highly experienced with Terraform for Infrastructure as Code.
- Comfortable with IIS and Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with Gulp, Grunt and Webpack
Initially brought in for a six week contract I was tasked with creating the backend for a e-commerce healthcare website. After completing that I moved on to lead the development on numerous websites utilising various toolsets such as Drupal, Wordpress, Laravel, NodeJS and even .NET (Sitefinity). In addition to development I also set up their linux infrastructure and implemented version control and continuous integration using both Jenkins and later Bitbucket pipelines.
Originally starting as a short term contractor I was taken on a permanent basis. I created and led the Drupal team at TalkTalk Technology, creating high traffic solutions to be used both in house and externally. In this role I hired and trained staff, implemented process and liased across the large business to create cost-effective and viable business application solutions using open source technologies.
In this position as Director I work on many small projects for SMEs, people in the media and politics. I was responsible for managing a varied client portfolio, all Drupal development and maintenance of servers.
Straight after leaving university and in the height of the global financial crisis I set up CoyleDesign. Starting with a small client base initially it soon grew into a thriving company that was providing services to celebrities and people in politics.
As managing director I was responsible completely for the welfare and success of the business. In addition to doing the initial development work I was also tasked with marketing and promotion for the business to ensure that it was profitable.
Acquia Certified Drupal Developer 2014
- Mastering Laravel. Packt Pub 2014. Technical Reviewer
- Physics with Technological Physics
Headlands School and Community Science College
- A Levels: Physics, Maths, Music Technology
- GCSES: 11 A-B Grade including Maths, Science and English